Popular Posts

Tuesday 11 September 2012

I Amsterdam is oh-so-fash-on-ible.


FNO is just around the corner! I am really looking forward to this spending Thursday night with my besties in the fashion filled Bijenkorf and PC Hooftstraat. For those who are not familiar with Amsterdam, de Bijenkorf is a large department store that can be likened to Selfridges&Co. that offers a range of brands from Louis Vuitton to Hermes, from DKNY to Tommy Hilfiger. Located on the Dam Square, it is a 5 floor fashion heaven with a cafe at the top floor with a gorgeous view of the city. This is where the main attraction is going to be. And as the main action gal, I sure will be checking things out here! The website has more information about what is happening on each floor. There are plenty of freebies and fashion exclusives. I am the most excited about the Longchamp bag and Burberry trenchcoat giveaway. Fingers crossed I'll be the lucky winner... for both! Who knows? :) 

PC Hooftstraat is kind of like Bond and Regent Street housing the world's luxury brands. If the weather is nice I may opt for spending more time out and about in the streets than being stuck inside de Bijenkorf. If you know Dutch and want more detail about FNO then click De Bijenkorf and PC Hooftstraat. Also the September issue of Vogue Nederland has the store routes and more detail. For those who want to attend you need to have bought the september issue as your 'entry ticket'. 

Besides the clothes, I am looking forward to seeing and potentially meeting Piet Paris, a renowed graphics designer and illustrator. He has collaborated with many fashion firms and magazines for illustrations, the latest of these being Vogue. You may recognize some of these illustrations from the Saks Fifth Avenue campaigns. I love his modern take on art deco. Pure genius!




Hoping to see many Dutch celebs, designers and possibly some of my favorite bloggers of all times. This proves for fashion I won't mind staying up late ;)





No comments:

Post a Comment