Popular Posts

Sunday 11 November 2012

Friday getaway

I don't have anything in my schedule for Fridays... Although I am expected to put hours and hours of work into my studies, I decided to get away. Escaped reality for a day.

Ironically within this escape of work I found myself at an architecture seminar at the Victoria and Albert museum. Lasting from 13:30 until 16:30, I was actually inspired and moved every minute of it. It was all because I was in London - different atmosphere, enchanting vibe. Director of Arup talking about the White City project; their collab with Rem Koolhaus - one word - spectacular. All other speakers, knowledgeable and interesting.

Oxford and Regent street more vibrant than ever with the early Christmas lights. Perhaps the most beautiful form of light pollution. People leaving work, tourists snapping photos, women on the prawl for the 'it' dress, hipsters at Carnaby Street...

The pop up store at Carnaby was of particular interest. Environmental activists all together. Costumes, tshirts on sale to raise funds and awareness. Not to mention the yummy treats they had. It was a lovely opening. Make sure to check it out!

The train ride was tipsy. Giggles and rubbish talk. Rose had taken over. Dinner at Ozer was all worth it though, Ali nazik and kunefe... What more would a girl want?











No comments:

Post a Comment