Popular Posts

Monday 4 February 2013

Tired of London? Tired of life.

Adventure started in Green Park by the Ritz Hotel where the luxury meets elegance; yes I am talking about diamonds and champagne. A little down the road is a haven of designer brands from McQueen to Chanel, from Cartier to Tiffany & Co. There is more to London than this life though. In fact there is more to life than material possessions. I am becoming more fan of experiences and memories; the intangible. Now this is worth a billion sparkling diamonds. 

Before heading down to Tate Modern, I was amazed by a little glimpse of sun! I could not help but photograph this and what better way to show the contrast than black and white photography? Sometimes in order to see the color, you have to opt for monochrome. 



Green Park




Quite ironic, but just for my liking 'Man Ray In Paris' (by Erin. C. Garcia) was on sale at the Tate Modern bookstore. Man Ray is an American artist who discovered the beauty of France and spent the 1920s and 30s there. Result? Some of the most beautiful monochrome photography out there. 

Along with this I purchased a few architecture books, a belated 2013 Damien Hirst calender (should have gone to his exhibition... I regret not going so much) and a Picasso magnet. 

I had quite a long and adventurous day! Best way to discover a city? Walking. Indeed walking was what I had done. 

Interior of Tate Modern <> the construction of the extension is still going on to be completed in 2015 


I may have spent a good 2 hours inside the bookstore.

St. Paul's Cathedral is so beautiful. <> Neoclassic architecture <>

The Shard as the newest addition to the London skyline, replacing everything else there was as the tallest building. 



The colors were just so beautiful


Uncle Norman Foster ladies and gentleman 

Tower Bridge 



Movement




Walked from the Tate alongside the river and crossed Tower Bridge, walked some more... Got lost, met strangers, refused to ask for directions... Finally took a bus and ended up at Piccadilly Circus. Walked a bit on Regent Street - then gave up. Although I did not want to leave, it was time to head back to Canterbury. 

I hope everyone's one wish comes true this week! I know what mine is. Keep in touch :) 




No comments:

Post a Comment